We Respect Your Privacy
In order to provide you with the highest standard of dental care, this practice is required to collect personal information from you. This information covers basic details such as your name, address and telephone number. However, it is also necessary for the dentist to obtain from you details regarding your general health and past medical or surgical events. Without this picture of your general health, the treating dentist will be disadvantaged in creating a treatment plan suitable to your specific needs.
Due to the sensitive nature of the information we collect from you, we understand that you would not wish it to be unnecessarily disclosed to others.
We value the need to safeguard this information, so in accordance with privacy legislation and the guidelines issued by the Australian Dental Association
, we would like to assure you that:
- This information will only be used by the treating dentist in order to deliver your care to the highest standards, or for educational purposes with regard to the use of clinical photos.
- It will not be disclosed to those not associated with your treatment, without your express consent.
- You may seek access to the information held about you and we will provide this access without undue delay. This access might be by inspection of your dental records at the time of appointment or by special access or copying of information at other times. There will be no charge made for requesting this information but there may be fees levied just to cover the cost associated with the processing of this request or the copying of information.
- We will take reasonable steps to ensure at all times that the details we keep about you are accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- We will take reasonable steps to protect this information from misuse or loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- Our staff are trained to respect these principles at all times.
If you have any questions regarding the information we collect from you and hold in your dental records, please do not hesitate to ask us. We are acting in your interest at all times.